William Henry Gates III is popularly known as Bill Gates born on October 28, 1955, is an American business magnate, investor, author, philanthropist, and humanitarian. He is famously known as the principal founder of Microsoft Corporation. During his career at Microsoft, Gates held the position as chairman, CEO and software architect. He is also being the largest individual shareholder until May 2014.
Bill Gates is the world’s richest person with a net worth of $90.4 billion. Gates co-founded tech giant Microsoft alongside Paul Allen in 1975 with a vision to have a computer on every desk. In 1991, he stepped down as CEO of Microsoft and became the company’s chairman.
|Name||Date of Birth||Who|
|William Henry Gates III||28 October 1955||Businessman, investor, author, philanthropist, humanitarian|
About Bill Gates
William Henry Gates III (born October 28, 1955) is an American business magnate, investor, author, philanthropist, and humanitarian. He is best known as the principal founder of the Microsoft Corporation. During his career at Microsoft, Gates held the positions of chairman, CEO and chief software architect, while also being the largest individual shareholder until May 2014.
In 1975, Gates along with Paul Allen launched Microsoft, which became the world’s largest Personal computer software company. Gates led the company as chairman and CEO until stepping down as CEO in January 2000, but he remained chairman and became a chief software architect. In June 2006, Gates announced that he would be transitioning to a part-time role at Microsoft and full-time work at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the private charitable foundation that he and his wife, Melinda Gates, established in 2000. He stepped down as chairman of Microsoft in February 2014 and assumed a new post as technology adviser to support the newly appointed CEO Satya Nadella.
Gates is one of the best-known entrepreneurs of the personal computer revolution. He has been criticized for his business tactics, which have been considered anti-competitive. Since 1987, Gates has been added in the Forbes list of the world’s wealthiest people. As of August 6, 2018, Gates had a net worth of $95.4 billion, making him the second-richest person in the world, behind Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon.
Bill Gates’s Social Media Handles
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/thisisbillgates/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/BillGates
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/williamhgates
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/BillGates?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Facts about Bill Gates
- His ancestry includes English, German, and Irish/Scots-Irish.
- His father was a prominent lawyer, and his mother served on the board of directors for First Interstate BancSystem and the United Way of America.
- Gates married Melinda French on a golf course on the Hawaiian island of Lanai on January 1, 1994.
- Bill Gates is one of the richest men in the world, with a net worth of over $80 billion – Bill Gates is one of the richest men in the world, with a net worth of over $80 billion. He is also one of the most generous philanthropists in history, having donated billions of dollars to various causes. Gates has been ranked as one of the most influential people in the world by Time magazine and Forbes magazine. He has also been involved in some controversial business dealings, such as his investment in Monsanto.
- Gates was born into a wealthy family and had access to resources that many people don’t have.
- Bill Gates is one of the most influential people in the world. He has been ranked as the richest person in the world for over a decade now. Gates was born into a wealthy family and had access to resources that many people don’t have. However, he didn’t let his privilege stop him from becoming one of the most important figures in technology today. Gates is a self-made man who changed the world with his vision and dedication to making computers accessible to everyone.
- Gates dropped out of college and started Microsoft, which would go on to become one of the most successful companies in history.
- In 1975, Bill Gates and Paul Allen founded Microsoft, which would go on to become the most successful software company in history. Gates dropped out of Harvard University two years later to focus on the business full-time. He quickly established himself as a visionary leader and expert programmer. Under his direction, Microsoft created some of the most popular software programs ever released, including MS-DOS, Windows, and Office. Today, Gates is one of the richest people in the world with a net worth estimated at over $85 billion dollars.
- As CEO of Microsoft, Gates oversaw the company’s incredible growth during the personal computer revolution.
- As CEO of Microsoft, Bill Gates oversaw the company’s incredible growth during the personal computer revolution. Gates is known for his philanthropy and has donated billions of dollars to charitable causes through his foundation. He is also a member of The Giving Pledge, an organization committed to donating half of its wealth to charity.
- In recent years, Gates has focused his time and money on philanthropic causes through his foundation.
- In recent years, Bill Gates has been focusing his time and money on philanthropic causes through his foundation. He is currently the richest person in the world, with a net worth of over $80 billion. Gates has given away billions of dollars to charitable causes, including disease prevention, education, and global health. He is also a strong advocate for climate change action.